Monday, March 23, 2009

Musical Monday!

This week on Musical Monday with Diane and Jori we are discussing the music that we received in their CD Swap!
The whole concept of the swap was to make a CD of your favorite songs and send it off to the person they chose to receive from you. This was fun!
My CD came from Angela and it included 10 songs. Some I have heard of, some I have never heard of, and one I even love and actually have on my iPod! Here is a list:
* Mississippi - Mo Fro (never heard of them or the song, but I really found it kinda cool!)
* Motherland - Natalie Merchant (I actually have one of her older Cd's and this song was very similar in style)
* LaCienga Smile - Ryan Adams (heard of him but never heard any of his tunes)
* 3x5 - John Mayer ( I like some of his stuff but I don't own any of it)
* 2nd Street Mystery - Aubrey Holman ( This is her HUSBAND!!! I love this song....WOW!)
* Best I Ever Had - Vertical Horizon (Angela couldn't remember who sang it, but I knew, because I LOVE this song!)
* I'm Yours - Jason Mraz ( If you listen to pop radio, you've heard this one. They play it quite a bit.....it's ok)
* Street Corner Preacher - Amos Lee (Again, another singer that I have never heard of, but the song was sorta cool)
* Don't - Petticoat Junkies (Cool name for a band....got some bad words in the song...heeheee, but cool all the same)
* Vercli Cries - 10,000 Maniacs (I have heard of them, but never any of their music... a little different and not in the genre I am accustomed to, but it was ok)
Thanks Angela for the cool CD, I have been listening to it since I received it and it was awesome to hear favorites from a random person.
Thanks Diane and Jori for the cool swap! I had fun participating!
And now......my favorite song from the CD....Vertical Horizon








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun... Swaps are the best! Now I want to see what that music sounds like!

Mama Wheaton said...

One of the great things about Musical Monday's is that you get introduced or even reintroduced to some great music.

Amy said...

I was not around for the CD exchange. Sounded like fun though. At first I did not know who this was until I heard the song. Great pick. Thanks. Have a great day.

Aim said...

i love the idea of a CD swap because I'm always looking out for new music. I might have to do something like that on my blog now that I actually have followers!

Ashley said...

Okay - I do Musical Mondays but what out a few weeks recently. I must have missed this. Bummer! It sounds fun.

P.S. I love that song, too! Haven't heard it in forever!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun swap.

Glad you enjoyed your new CD.

Tabitha Blue said...

Very cool! I few I hadn't heard of, how fun!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

jmt said...

I'd be deathly afraid to give someone a CD of my favorite songs. LOL I wouldn't want to hear that they don't like the songs, because then I'd ask WHY. And then I'd be sad they didn't like it. LOL

jori-o said...

So glad the exchange was fun for you! Sounds like you got some good picks!