
Yes, you read that right. My man, my one and only true love, the love of my life is turning 59 today! Hard to believe, ain't it? Well, it's true.
I first fell in love with him when I was about 11 years old. He was 30-ish. Not too bad of an age difference, although he coulda been my dad. (Thank God he wasn't, that would be horrible!) My love grew and grew.
When I was 14 (almost 15, mind you) I saw him in person for the first time. Granted, it was from quite a distance, but I know he just knew I was there. He felt my presence, I know he did.
As the years went on and this man of mine married, had kids and lived without me by his side, I never forgot him. Not a day went by that I didn't hear his voice or look at his pictures in awe.
Then after 19 years, I got to see him again. AND, I got to touch him. He was quite sweaty, but that is fine, I didn't mind. Not. One. Bit!

Two short years later, I had the chance to see him in all his gorgeous-ness yet again. Boy, was I thrilled. Then, it happened. I had a once in a lifetime chance to meet, talk to, and take my first photo with this aweseome specimen of a male rock god!! I couldn't pass it up. I shelled out the dough whole-heartedly and nervously prepared for the day that he would finally meet me. I knew he had been waiting all of these years to have me in his life....to put his arms around me, pressing his cheek to mine, and call me 'sweety'. Ahhh, it was heaven!

Not quite a year later, I had the opportunity to reunite with my love once again. It was total bliss. This time, however, I had to make quite a trip to do it and share him with some of my friends, but that was ok. I am easy like that. I could tell he missed me and was just as happy to see me again. Those arms around me just said it all.

Almost another year later, he came to see me again. I just knew he couldn't stay away from me. The attraction was just as strong for him as it was for me. This time, to prove that theory of his undying love for me, he was going to stay and visit with me 2 nights!! On that second night, we didn't get to speak much but once again, those lovely arms came around me in an awesome hug and I knew I was in Heaven!

NOT EVEN a year later, he came back to see me, yet again. Ahhh, I knew he loved me. I felt it in every touch, every look, every word he spoke to me. It truly had to be love.
It's been almost 4 months since I last saw my dream man, the love of my life, the dearest sweetest man I ever met in all eternity. I know we shall meet again one day, but until then...
Happy Birthday Rick!


12 comments:
Wow!! 59 looks Goooooood!!!
You know this is one of the many reasons why you're my bloggy friend-I am secretly hoping to meet him one day myself!
awww..thats so cool...
he looks pretty darn good for 59..sheesh..
:)
You crack me up with your love of Rick Springfield! He does age well...
Ok, so how did you hook up with him so often? How cool!!
How in the world do you get to see him all up close & personal like that? I love me some Rick Springfield, but I really can't handle that he's 59 years old. That almost makes me think I'm getting older too! You rock!
WOW!!! You are almost famous!!!
He does look good for 59! Damn!
Oh my word!! 59!!! I just linked someone on BATW who is a die hard Rick S fan as well. I will go back to find her and let you know who it is. By the way, what happened to your layout????
Hey, you best stay away from my man! lol
And you've kept him a secret from us for all this time? Happy Birthday. Is he really 59?
I need to know just how you have managed to meet him in the flesh so many times. Does he remember you each time? I think he must have a secret crush on you too :)
Post a Comment